BENEFITS AND TRAINING
Scouting offers many opportunities for adults to learn and grow. Anyone stepping up to a leadership position in a Den or Pack will literally have a massive support system. There are opportunities for on-line and live training, specific to each role, and no-end of existing resources on–line. Additionally, there is training to learn and model classic outdoor scouting skills, such as camping. Start with https://www.scouting.org/training/adult/
To be a leader, or even an official volunteer, you must register. Obtain a BSA Adult Application form at a Pack event or contact the Membership Chair on our Leaders page. The Pack covers the fees for adult registration. Note: While there is a means of registering directly online, it overly complicates record-keeping.
Cub Scouts need the leadership and guidance of parents and adults to follow and enjoy the Cub Scout Curriculum. Two adults are needed as leaders for each Den; one leader must be female in the case of Girls Dens. In the case of Lions (Kindergartners), a parent for each scout co-leads the Den, with the assistance of an experienced parent (who has an older scout in the Pack).
2018-2019 Den Leaders
- Boy and Girl Lions Coordinator – TO BE DETERMINED
- Boys — TO BE DETERMINED
- Girls — TO BE DETERMINED
- Boys — John Cavalieri & VACANT
- Girls — Chris Smith & VACANT
- Boys — Chris Newland/Brandon Level/Jason Resnick
- Girls — Chris Smith & VACANT
- Boys — John Magenheimer & John Cavalieri
- Arrows of Light
- Boys — Tad Laszewski & Kevin Dress
Volunteer as a Leader! Contact the relevant Den leader above or write Cubmaster@pack1860.org
Lots of planning and organization goes on behind the scenes to allow for a robust calendar of Pack events.
The key positions in place for Pack 1860 for 2018-2019 are:
- Cubmaster — Jennifer Wheeler
- Chartering Organization Rep – Gus Koustenis
- Committee Chair – Karina Montatsky
- Assistant Cubmaster — Tad Laszewski & VACANCY (Tad needs to transition)
- Membership Chair – Keeps track of all Pack membership records and reporting to BSA — Karina Montatsky & VACANCY (Karina need to transition)
- Awards Chair – Coordinates the acquisition and dissemination of awards – Jeanne Laszewski & VACANCY (Jeanne needs to transition)
- Treasurer – Tracks and manages Pack Finances – Kim Newland.
- Pack Trainer – Advises on Cub Scout curriculum and badge activities – Kevin Dress
- Recruitment Chair – recruits adult leaders and new scouts – VACANCY
- Web Master/ Communications Chair – manages Pack website and other media – VACANCY
- Sully District Unit Commissioner – provides advice and help at District level – Bob Forgione
The Committee holds a Planning Meeting once a month, usually the first Wednesday of the month. ALL adults are welcome to attend the Planning Meeting.
YPT is required for all leaders and registered volunteers. Create an account on MyScouting.com and take the Youth Protection Training (YPT).
DEN DUTIES FOR PACK MEETINGS 2018-2019 – in development
NEW DEN LEADER LINKS (FIND)
REIMBURSEMENT FORM [INSERT LINKS]